Mark Hunter MP supports new Care2save shopping website

Andrew Stunell and Mark Hunter showed their support at a Westminster event for, the newly-launched shopping site that will help raise funds for charities across Hazel Grove and Cheadle constituencies when people shop online.

Care2Save is unique in the UK, as it is the only charity owned and run shopping website that gives 100% of the money that it makes through commission directly to the charity sector.  80 per cent goes to a registered charity of the shopper’s choice, and the remaining 20 per cent goes to the Care2Save Charitable Trust, which supports hospice and palliative care in the UK and globally.

Donna Air – actress and supporter of Care2Save – was also at the event, having recently revealed that her grandfather is suffering from dementia and is being cared for in a hospice.  There are more than 220 hospices in the UK, which collectively care for around 360,000 people each year. St Ann’s Hospice based in Heald Green, stands to benefit from the work of the Care2Save Charitable Trust.

Commenting on the event, Andrew Stunell MP said, 

“I am delighted to support, who are making it so easy to support St Ann’s, our local hospice – and to raise money for all local charities this Christmas.”

Mark Hunter MP added:

“Both Andrew and I were happy to come and support Care2Save after being asked by the outstanding St Ann’s Hospice that serves people from across Stockport, Greater Manchester and the North West.  I am grateful for schemes such as this that will be able to offer more funds to St Ann’s and other local charities.

Share this post on social media:

Sign in with Facebook, Twitter or Email.